Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Manufactoring Failure


 Our jeweler called us this afternoon and told us our ring is not ready yet once again.  This time the reasoning was manufacture was unsatisfied during quality control that it was not even worth showing it to us.  He expressed how embarrassed he was and in 28 years in the business, this has never happened.  There was nothing he can say except offer us a refund or asked us provide him another chance to complete the project. 
Honestly, I was quite fed up.  All the unmet deadlines and promises of pick up dates made me feel as though we're unimportant.  It made me even more erked, especially after reading all the wonderful reviews from yelp of how orders were rushed to make deadlines and so on and so forth.  

As I vent to my little sister, she said "The length of time you're waiting for this ring is like the length of time you waited to get engaged" 
Hm.. what an interesting comment.  We decided on our jeweler for the many qualities that attracted me to Dave. Our Jeweler is an honest family man, he and his wife are warm and kind during all our visits.  They really tried their best to make us happy and due to circumstances, it hasn't gone as smoothly as I thought it would.  In a relationship there are always ups and downs, I feel that as long as good intention is the focal point then everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves.  

We decided to stick it through and the new promised date is next Friday.  

Lesson #1: Life is a marathon, not a 'Sprint'.   
 



2 comments:

  1. Marilyn! I just figured out that you were engaged! Congrats Congrats Congrats! I hope all is well in San Diego :)
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha these pictures you post are sooo appropriate and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete