Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Launch Party


The Launch Party took place at Rancho Bernardo Inn, I attended this event with mom and my sister. This is the first time I've been here and my first impression in the parking lot was wow this would be horrific if we had a wedding here!  The parking spaces were ridiculously small and the spaces weren't even slanted.. it was just really hard to get in and out.  On the way here I was cut off by some chick trying to get to this same event.. geez relax! 

We went through the lobby and no one was really around, there was a map to all the events that were going on that night so we followed the signs to the boonies of the Inn.  It's probably the farthest corner you can go away from the parking lot.  I understand it's a great idea for potential clients to see the landscape but I was definitely not prepare to hike half a mile down hills and stairs to get to this event.  

We finally made it and at the door,  each bride got a cute tote bag filled with goodies from spa treatments to Red Velvet Cupcake from Sprinkles *probably one of the few best things of the night*  Sucks that not all the guests got totes because when we were leaving, we saw so many extra bags left over. 
Through the doors, there was a cash bar to the right...a complete turn off since you even had to pay for water ($4.00 for a little bottle), we did manage to hunt down a server with complimentary champagne.  To the left was a line to the appetizers... chicken skewers and a few other choices like cold salads.  The food was mediocre. 

 There were also a few desserts choices on the back wall, this one was chocolate mousse in a chocolate tulip cup. 

After all the tasting we started to visit the vendors, some girl holding a plate of food and her glass of champagne, trying to eat, walk and drink all at the same time... walked by and spilled half of her drink on my purse and didn't even say sorry.  ARGH!  what the heck!   
The event was overall pretty nice, there were 4 girls modeling wedding dresses, and changed quite a few times.  The vendors were ok but nothing extravagant.. 

I did however got a chance to see a potential vendor I had emailed a few days earlier and was quite impress with their work so fingers crossed that I'll be able to incorporate them into our wedding.  After making the rounds and staying through the raffle, we were ready to leave and hoping to skip the madness in the parking lot.   

There were a few BLAH moments tonight, I guess these things are hit or miss, but who can really complain when attending a complimentary event.  Thank you Maria and mom for coming with me, I love spending time with you guys.   

No comments:

Post a Comment