Friday, July 29, 2011

The Dress - Reflection

I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't thought about wedding gown in the last 10 years of our relationship or even have a folder on my desktop labeled "wedding" and subfolders in different categories 'dress, flowers, cake, etc' hahaha Yes! I am that neurotic.  In the words of Dave... Prior planning prevent poor performance.   
All the things involving the wedding prior to the dress (photographer, videographer, church, reception, etc) seems to come together so smoothly because I felt like we had a clear idea of what it was we were looking for really help to book that right vendor.  

Dave and I have been a great team through the entire planning process so originally I wanted Dave to be part of this process as well.  But I thought about it and not because I care about superstition or anything like that.  Rather, I want to keep this ONE thing a surprise because I want to see Dave's genuine reaction during the first look... I think with all the busy things we'll be doing through out the day.. this moment will be very special for just the two of us.  

This decision to leave Dave in the dark might have also made the process of deciding on a dress more difficult than what it could have been because I didn't have Dave to give me his feedback of yays or nays. 

I may have also been a little jaded from watching all the shows like say Yes to the Dress or Platinum weddings because it boggles my mind on how much a wedding dress actually cost.  The idea of paying so much money for an item you wear for only a few hours seems like such a waste of money. 

However, through the entire process I learned that the MAIN reason why it was so difficult for me to commit to a dress was because being such a frugal shopper who LOVES a good bargain for myself, it seemed so selfish to spend this large amount of money on just me.  Whereas, money isn't ever an issue when comes to the happiness of friends or family.  

 In life, there are so many few moments that you can keep special just for yourself.  

Today, I did decide on a dress and splurged on the purchase, but I want to thank my awesome support team for assuring me that it's ok to be happy.   I love you, you guys are the best!







No comments:

Post a Comment